If you have been looking for the perfect pillow, you must have come across different pillows in the market. These pillows often have different features that you might get confused over which one will work for you. Knowing how to differentiate between gel pillows and the rest of the pillows in the store will come in handy for you. Here are the different pillow types in the market based on different categories.
How pillows are categorized
Before you get started on the different pillows in the market, you first need to figure out which categories you will put them in. Here are the main categories and how they works for you as you are choosing your pillows.
There are so many fillings used in making pillows, and that gives them their different characteristics. Here are the main fills and the pillow types they make.
- Natural fill pillow. It comes filled with either cotton, feathers, or both of those. Even though it was initially known to bring allergic reactions, the filling gets treated to help reduce the risk.
- Synthetic fill pillow. Synthetic pillows are filled with polyester and are inexpensive. They are found in most stores.
- Foam pillows. These are made with chunks of foam and are the cheaper version of memory foam pillows.
- Memory foam pillows. They are made from strong foam that molds around your head and neck to provide extra support.
2. Support pillows
These pillows are mostly made to help people who might have issues when they sleep. Here are the different categories:
- Back sleepers. They get a medium-firm pillow that supports the neck while the person sleeps
- Side sleepers. The pillow is designed to contour the neck so the neck and head can align well together.
- Stomach sleepers. The pillow is often soft, so they do not feel strained at night.
3. The size
The other category is the size, and this is based on the size of the pillow. Knowing your bed’s size and the size pillow you want will come through for you in this category. Here are the different size pillows that you will find in most stores.
- Standard pillow. It comes in 20 by 26 inches and is the basic pillow you will find in most homes.
- Queen pillow. It comes in 20 by 30 inches and will often fit into your usual pillow cover, although there will be no excess left. It is created for a queen bed and is used in pairs.
- King pillows. They come in 20 by 36 and can only fit in a king-size pillowcase. It can be used for the king bed and come in handy to provide support for anyone who might have issues with muscle pain.
- Body pillow. It fits 20 by 54 inches and is commonly used by pregnant women when they need extra support as they sleep.
With the categories above, you can choose a pillow that will serve you and your needs. Take your time and research the different pillows in the market before you settle on one. It will ensure you get a pillow that will work for you.